Saturday, February 6, 2016

Prague, Czech Republic


Assalammualaikum and hey peeps! So for this entry I would to share unforgettable memories during my sister and I visited Prague for 3 days 2 night. Yeah sure I will start for the beginning of the journey until the end of journey and you can image what a tiring journey ever in my life! Since my first sister, her test just around the corner so my second sister and I decided not going to disturb her. We planned to go to Prague since the attractions there are walkable so we didn't have to worry about transportation. But then, we only have cash and unavailable sim card. No credit card, guys. 

So our train on 6 February was at 6 a.m in the morning which really still in the dark and freaking cold! It was creepy but yeah, I need to admit that Offenburg is one of the safe towns I've visited. Before that, my train from Offenburg Haupbahnhof to Stuttgart about an hour I guess. And from Stuttgart main station, we need to go to the Stuttgart Airport using underground subway if I'm not mistaken. From Stuttgart Airport then transited to Frankfurt Airport then to Prague Airport.

 I know that why should us transit to Frankfurt first, right? or perhaps why didn't we just go straight from Offenburg to Frankfurt Airport? Hmm, of course our journey was the cheapest way! Even it was quite tiring but yeah the journey is more important than the destination. Gitew 

  
So since our journey started early in the morning, after reaching at the Frankfurt Airport, we were so hungry and tadaaaa I cooked fried rice from home (Offenburg) hihi. From Frankfurt to Prague it takes about a hour too. We just brought a backpack each so we didn't have to wait for a long time for a luggage then, right? Before that, actually from the Prague Airport to the hotel, we already booked a shuttle from this company A *I'll make it as secret thing haha. Okay, we waited the shuttle roughly about 15 minutes while I went around the airport and my sister just waited there. And then, we went to the Information Counter and showed to them our receipt for the shuttle since the company A is under the Prague Airport too. And guess what? She who was in the Information Counter told me "You see the public phone there? You call this number", with her indifferent expression face towards the tourist like us. 

We already changed our Euro money to CZK money. And we only have 5 cent for coins others were paper money. And we used that 5 cent to make a call using public phone. The operator said just wait there because the shuttle already there for a long time. And then we went to the place where we waited just now, saw the same person who holding the board with the same names we saw before. But this time there's my name! I knew that actually he just wrote my name okay? Because the other names he used marker pen but mine he used pen. He just added my name and the operator claimed that he waited us for a long time? 




Okay so he took us to our accommodation, along the journey I admit that Prague is so beautiful place! So many historical building, I'll show later! And then our hotel was in Astronomical Clock. And the receipt, it showed "Apartment in Astronomical Clock" so I assumed it must be their name of hotel! and the the driver dropped us in front of the Astronomical Clock. and I asked him "So... my hotel....?" and he replied "Ouh yeah, just go straight and turn right" and then we thanked him happily even actually we didn't very clear and sure about his direction. So we just followed his instruction, went straight and turned right. We looked right it's all restaurant hahahahahahha. And we assumed "oh perhaps another junction in front there" but nothing guys. We found no hotel there. And again we went to the Tourist Information near the Astronomical Clock to ask them. The person in charged in the counter said "You see the blue building there? Turn right." with her indifferent expression face. Again. We said thank you and went there

And guess what? I found no hotel like in the receipt. Seriously, I hunkered down at the walkways and almost cried and said "Penatlah macam ni/I'm freaking tired!" and my sister persuaded me. We could not make any phone call as my Malaysia sim card was unavailable same goes to my sister. Yeah, it was our fault. So please guys do make your sim card available anywhere go! Please take this entry as example! 

We didn't not gave up and asked some people there and I still remember what they said, "Sorry I don't speak your language" and we just ... k

And suddenly there was a bald man with his brown big dog passed by and looked at us. me inside my heart whispered, "God, please stay us away from this guy because he looks so creepy." But, he actually helped us! He called the owner of the hotel while searching the address there until the owner of the hotel found us. What a kind man. Astarghfirullah and so sorry for the bad impression to you! And guys, that's not hotel as what we expected. But it is a homestay *facepalm and seriously this house is quite creepy because it looked like abandoned house and beside this building, there is Sex Museum. So I was so scared and start to overthinking. To be honest I couldn't sleep for two nights here

  

Since we spend many hours on waiting and searching the accommodation then our first day had been wasted hmm without doing anything except for finding food. Because of the incident at Koln, Germany weeks before my parents advised us not to go out at night as we were only two girls and it was dangerous actually. And yeah, go to the country without available sim card is dangerous thing too, dear self. 

Tadaa, here are some of pictures in Prague. All of these are in Astronomical Clock area okay? and every evening there are many shows here. You can drop some money to them also take pictures with them


  



   

So, the second day of course we wanted to visit all the attractions here because the next day we would fly off to Germany back. After visiting the Astronomical Clock area then we wanted to visit Charles Bridge. Along this journey to the Charles Bridge we asked the florist at the roadside. "Hey good morning, we want to go to Charles Bridge. Do you know how can we get there?" she replied, "you walk about 2 km and turn right" *actually I don't remember what actually the direction guys. But, she didn't even looked at us while she was talking to us even a smile. Hmm, perhaps she was busy. 

After walk a few minutes then we felt hungry and want to eat something. Then we saw at the roadside shop which selling french fries, burger and more. Then we would like to buy french fries, we asked he/she and he/she just do the sign of "no we don't have it now" or "we are not prepared yet" Hmm


And finally! We are here! Charles Bridge, since we already here. So we needed to have a walk until the end of bridge. So yeah! Here some pictures for you, peeps!





I like to bring my backpack anywhere I go because I can put so many things inside and it is easy to be carried compared to the handbag, right?

On the way to our homestay back, we tried a traditional sweet pastry which called Trdelnik pastry cost about 67 CZK equals to RM12 roughly  It is quite good! But need to be eaten while it's still hot as or it's quite difficult to eat then.

We also bought a really big pizza which about 40 cm diameter and only cost 140 CZK equal to RM 25. and we finished it yep serious.

And the last day! Yeah, after so many things happened to us so we were so glad to go back Germany! The same shuttle would come and pick us up at 8 a.m if I'm not mistaken. And we expected that he would pick us up at the same place where he dropped us, right? So we checked out roughly 30 minutes early then time should be. So we waited there with cold temperature (winter season) but no shuttle! Our flight was at 11 a.m something like that. Even it was still early but of course we were scared if missed our flight!  And we walk around there to find public phone but found nothing. Since it was too early in the morning so not so many people walk around. We asked a women, she just "I don't know" Alhamdulillah, the Tourism Counter (*not the one on the first day) and we asked him. He gave direction, and we followed it. We called the shuttle's operator, she said "He already there, but no one there?" I was like, "Seriously, I have been there for almost an hour." To be honest, I was quite angry as she said something like on the first day. Like she was trying to put the blame on me? And then she replied, "Okay another 10 minutes he will arrive there." Then I said thank you. 

So yeah, friends moral of the story. First, do have an available sim card. Second, always say thank you even people treat you badly. Sorry I don't have any intention to make anyone has a bad impression towards any party. I just want to share my experience and everyone can improve also prepare for the worst case scenario okay?

p/s: I think every time after I said thank you, I should say "Smile girl tehee"